JAGS Founded 1741
In 1741 James Allen, the Master of the College of God's Gift, founded a 'reading school' for poor children in Dulwich,
housed in two rooms of a local inn. Boys were taught to read; girls to read and sew. In 1845 girls and boys moved into
adjoining buildings, and the Girls’ School began the transformation into the JAGS we know today.