Academic excellence at JAGS is supported by a diverse and exciting extra-curricular programme designed to give girls opportunities to develop new skills, gain experience of leadership, and to support others.
There is an extensive range of extra curricular activities at JAGS and students often set up their own groups and clubs where there is shared interest not covered by existing groups. These can cover a mix of academic and non academic themes including history, music, science, maths, sports, debating and current affairs.
Extra-curricular achievements in 2016/17 included:
- Six girls won the regional heat of UK Space Design Competition with a group of boys from Dulwich College
- Emily in Year 13 was awarded a Nuffield Foundation Placement and a Gold Crest award from the British Science Association for her pharmaceutical research
- We had five out of eight winners in the Southwark Schools Learning Partnership short stories competition
- A great deal of sporting success for pupils throughout the school including winning the English Javelin Championship, gold medals in Race Walking at English Schools Championships, and National schools biathlon
- A year 8 pupil winning a place in the National Youth Choir for Girls
- Artwork from Senior, Prep and Pre-Prep girls was selected for the annual Young Art exhibition at the Royal College of Art.