Warmth, happiness and vitality are at the heart of everything we do at the Prep school. Children are encouraged to work to the best of their abilities, but we also want them to have fun along the way.
Inspired teaching embraces all learning styles; Prep school girls enjoy specialist teaching for most of their subjects whilst regularly being taught by their Form Teacher. Our well equipped ICT suite, Science, Design Technology and Art rooms enable girls to enjoy practical activities.
The Learning Support department offers extra help, either for a child who lacks confidence, or to provide highly able children with interesting extension activities.
Enriching our exciting and diverse curriculum is a range of extra-curricular activities – our school seizes every opportunity to develop and extend the girls’ own interests, teamwork and leadership skills.
We look after the whole child promoting spiritual, moral and cultural development alongside the academic, preparing them for all the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences that life offers.
Aims of JAPS/JAGS
- To encourage all pupils to develop their full potential by stimulating their intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm and imagination.
- To promote excellence in academic, creative and athletic endeavours.
- To teach the value of integrity, morality and a concern for others.
- To enhance pupils’ appreciation of their own and other cultures.
- To develop pupils’ self-confidence and independence so that they are well- equipped to play an active role in society.
Additional Aims for JAPS
- To create an atmosphere of happiness and warmth in which children are motivated to work and play to the best of their abilities.
- To offer a broad, balanced curriculum, based upon the National Curriculum and Foundation Stage.
- To generate – both inside and outside the classroom – a sense of vitality, energy and a conviction that learning is fun. We see lunchtime and after-school extra-curricular activities as essential to the life of the school.
- To maintain close links with parents.