JAGS Parents' Association
The JAGS Parents’ Association (JPA) is active across the whole school, forming an important link between parents and the school. All parents are automatically members of the JPA. The JPA organises a programme of exciting events throughout the school year and holds regular second-hand uniform sales.
The JPA are running their annual Founder's Day auction until 3.45pm on 1 July 2017. A wide range of fantastic lots are on offer. This is a fun and engaging way to raise funds for the JPA's goal to support a Bursary place at JAGS.
For more information and to place your bid visit the auction website.
- New Parents Social Evening (September)
- Annual General Meeting (AGM) with External Speaker (late September/October)
- Quiz Night (November)
- Class Reps Social (December)
- Discos with Dulwich College (Y7 March, Y8 June)
- Class Reps & JPA Committee Annual Lunch with Headmistress (June)
- Fundraising at Founder's Day (July)
- Second-hand Uniform Sales
27th April 2017 7.30pm JPA committee meeting.
16th June 2017 Joint JAGS & DC Year 8 disco. All Year 8 girls welcome. At DC.
28th June 2017 Class Reps and JPA Committee Lunch with Headmistress
1st July 2017 Founders Day; JPA run auction, raffle, Pimms tent, Bake-off competition and cream teas. All welcome.
3rd July 2017 Second-hand uniform sale for new year 7 parents, with tea and coffee
2nd September 2017 10-11am Second-hand uniform sale - all years welcome.
*First Friday of each month, second-hand uniform sales.
Sales of second-hand uniform
Regular sales are held on the first Friday of every month in term time from 8 – 8.30am in the Holst Hall. These are mainly to help the girls with spare items of clothing, gym kit etc - there is not time to kit out with a whole uniform at these morning sales. The girls will be informed about forthcoming sales in assembly. We hold larger sales twice a year – one at the end of the summer term for new Y7 parents, and a further sale for all year groups in early September. This year’s sale will be on Saturday 2 September 2017 from 10 - 11am in the Holst Hall. Please note that this is just after the girls have gone back to school.
If you have uniform to donate/sell
We are always very pleased to receive items for our sales – please bring them to the school office at any time. You can either donate items, or ask us to sell them for you on a 50:50 basis. There’s no need to label items that you’re donating. If you want us to sell items for you then please download labels here and complete one label per item – labels need to be completed fully and accurately in order for us to make payment to you. Please attach the labels with a safety pin, not a staple, and price sensibly – see the recommended price list below. (We reserve the right to alter your prices if they’re unrealistic.) Please note our minimum payment terms below, and if you are only submitting a few cheaper items for sale, consider donating them instead.
Please do not bring any torn, worn out or dirty uniform as it will not be saleable and will be disposed of. No non-uniform items or shoes please.
Proceeds from clearly labelled items will be credited to your next school bill following the relevant twice-yearly sale. If your details are unclear on the label(s) the proceeds will go to the Bursary Fund. Also, due to the administrative costs involved, we are unable to make payments of less than £3 so if the amount due to you is below this amount it will be donated to the Bursary Fund.
If your daughter is leaving/has left the school by the time payment is due to you and we can’t credit your final bill, a cheque will be posted to you for the amount due less postage. However please note we do not issue cheques for amounts below £3. In the event that you are owed less than £3 (after postage) we will donate your proceeds to the Bursary Fund.
What happens to unsold uniform?
If your uniform does not sell in the first sale, it will be re-entered for future sales. However, we reserve the right to dispose of unsold items after a couple of years.
|Long and Short Sleeved Shirts||£1|
|Fan Pleat Skirt (Y10-Y11 Only)||£5-£12|
|Navy Lab Coat||£3-£5|
|Red & Navy PE Tops||£5-£10|
|Red & White PE Tops||£5-£10|
|White PE Socks||£1|
|Prices depend on size and condition|
The JPA is responsible for organising events as detailed above and is run by a committee of parents who are elected annually at the AGM. No previous experience is needed to be a committee member; just a desire to participate.
Class Representatives help to forge relationships between parents by organising social events (such as coffee mornings, evening drinks, family picnics) and providing a communication link between the JPA and other class parents.
There are also various opportunities to become involved on a more 'ad-hoc' basis; at fundraisers, second hand uniform sales etc.
- President: Headmistress Sally-Anne Huang
- Chair: Kim Nicholson email@example.com
- Vice-chair: Anita Al-Sabah firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Sally Binny email@example.com
- Treasurer: Stephanie Rakowski jpatreasurer@AOL.com
- Rep Co-ordinator: Triona Mayhew firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uniform Sales: Rebecca Greenwell email@example.com
- Lara Goodall
- Catherine Holmes
- Bridget Jacob
- Karen Jensen Jones
- Rebecca Muldowney
- Antonia Owumi
- Gwilym Roberts
- David Stedman
- Nick Wood
- 7J: Angel Boyce; Louise Hansra; Kome Ogisi; Anne Rigg
- 7A: Sarah Christophers; Lisa Clarke; Abhilasha Gupta
- 7G: Tara Fisher; Georgie Pickering
- 7S: Amanda Bowen; Meekai Johnson
- 7M: Anya Davydova; Kathryn Jacob; Shafraz Jetha
- 8J: Marion McNab-Fawzy; Jan Pathmanathan
- 8A: Mariola Escauriaza; Pam Grewal
- 8G: Lydia Marshall Bain; Anna Petti
- 8S: Lucy Beck; Shereen Joseph-Becker
- 8M: Bola Ogundeji; Katharine Sampson
- 9J: Laura Mather; Yonca Yuceman
- 9A: Beccie Atkinson; Sophie Goldstraw
- 9G: Susan Lindsey
- 9S: Jane Martin
- 9M: Sandie Dunn; Christina Lockwood; Kathy Rose
- 10J: Kate Callaghan; Sara Spillett
- 10A: Alison Rose
- 10G: Christine Mason
- 10S: Rikarda Wibault
- 11B: Lo Bryant
- 11C: Catherine Holmes
- 11D: Sally Binny
- 11H: Bruce Hendry; Ru Nash