JAGS Parents' Association
The JAGS Parents’ Association (JPA) is active across the whole school, forming an important link between parents and the school. All parents are automatically members of the JPA. The JPA organises a programme of exciting events throughout the school year and holds regular second-hand uniform sales.
AGM and Speaker Event
At this year's AGM, the JPA was delighted to present the Headmistress with a cheque for £30,000, money raised over the past year, for the JAGS Bursary Fund. The JPA was also pleased to welcome Jenny Langley who gave a presentation on mental well-being - full details of the presentation can be found here.
- New Parents Social Evening (September)
- Annual General Meeting (AGM) with External Speaker (late September/October)
- Quiz Night (November)
- Class Reps Social (December)
- Discos with Dulwich College (Y7 March, Y8 June)
- Class Reps & JPA Committee Annual Lunch with Headmistress (June)
- Fundraising at Founder's Day (July)
- Second-hand Uniform Sales
22nd February 2018 7.30pm Class Reps & JPA Committee Social Evening.
2nd March 2018 7.30 – 9.30 pm joint JAGS & DC Year 7 disco, at JAGS.
26th April 2018 7.30pm JPA Committee meeting.
8th June 2018 7.30-9.30 pm joint JAGS & DC Year 8 end of exam bash, at DC.
20th June 2018 12.30pm Class Reps & JPA Committee Lunch with Headmistress.
30th June 2018 Founder’s Day school celebration for the whole afternoon. JPA-run auction, raffle, Pimms tent, Bake-off cake competition and sale, and cream teas tent. All the family is welcome.
2nd July 2018 Second-hand uniform sale for new starters*
*First Friday of each month, second-hand uniform sales.
Sales of second-hand uniform
Regular sales are held on the first Friday of every month in term time from 8 – 8.30am in the Holst Hall. These are mainly to help the girls with spare items of clothing, gym kit etc - there is not time to kit out with a whole uniform at these morning sales. The girls will be informed about forthcoming sales in assembly. We hold larger sales twice a year – one at the end of the summer term for new Y7 parents, and a further sale for all year groups in early September. This year’s sale will be on Saturday 2 September 2017 from 10 - 11am in the Holst Hall. Please note that this is just after the girls have gone back to school.
If you have uniform to donate/sell
We are always very pleased to receive items for our sales – please bring them to the school office at any time. You can either donate items, or ask us to sell them for you on a 50:50 basis. There’s no need to label items that you’re donating. If you want us to sell items for you then please download labels here and complete one label per item – labels need to be completed fully and accurately in order for us to make payment to you. Please attach the labels with a safety pin, not a staple, and price sensibly – see the recommended price list below. (We reserve the right to alter your prices if they’re unrealistic.) Please note our minimum payment terms below, and if you are only submitting a few cheaper items for sale, consider donating them instead.
Please do not bring any torn, worn out or dirty uniform as it will not be saleable and will be disposed of. No non-uniform items or shoes please. Please ensure that you remove any name tags from items before sending them in. Many thanks.
Proceeds from clearly labelled items will be credited to your next school bill following the relevant twice-yearly sale. If your details are unclear on the label(s) the proceeds will go to the Bursary Fund. Also, due to the administrative costs involved, we are unable to make payments of less than £3 so if the amount due to you is below this amount it will be donated to the Bursary Fund.
If your daughter is leaving/has left the school by the time payment is due to you and we can’t credit your final bill, a cheque will be posted to you for the amount due less postage. However please note we do not issue cheques for amounts below £3. In the event that you are owed less than £3 (after postage) we will donate your proceeds to the Bursary Fund.
What happens to unsold uniform?
If your uniform does not sell in the first sale, it will be re-entered for future sales. However, we reserve the right to dispose of unsold items after a couple of years.
|Long and Short Sleeved Shirts||£1|
|Fan Pleat Skirt (Y10-Y11 Only)||£5-£12|
|Navy Lab Coat||£3-£5|
|Red & Navy PE Tops||£5-£10|
|Red & White PE Tops||£5-£10|
|White PE Socks||£1|
|Prices depend on size and condition|
The JPA reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time.
The JPA is responsible for organising events as detailed above and is run by a committee of parents who are elected annually at the AGM. No previous experience is needed to be a committee member; just a desire to participate.
Class Representatives help to forge relationships between parents by organising social events (such as coffee mornings, evening drinks, family picnics) and providing a communication link between the JPA and other class parents.
There are also various opportunities to become involved on a more 'ad-hoc' basis; at fundraisers, second hand uniform sales etc.
- President: Headmistress Sally-Anne Huang
- Chair: Kim Nicholson email@example.com
- Vice-chair: Anita Al-Sabah firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Sally Binny email@example.com
- Treasurer: Stephanie Rakowski jpatreasurer@AOL.com
- Rep Co-ordinator: Triona Mayhew firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uniform Sales: Rebecca Greenwell email@example.com
- Joanne Coulter
- Lara Goodall
- Bridget Jacob
- Karen Jensen Jones
- Susan Lindsey
- Rebecca Muldowney
- Gwilym Roberts
- David Stedman
- Michelle Williams
- Nick Wood
- 7C: Rachelle Broadley; Meg Douglas; Maria Williams
- 7Ca: Gill Appleby; Patricia Giraldo; Asma Qureshi
- 7D: Monica Alonso; Beatrice Boadu; Kate Chamberlain; Jo Morris
- 7W: Sarah Barton; Emma Creamer; Claire Murthy; Mercy Prempeh
- 7Wa: Zahra Bakkeer; Cornelia Brandauer; Su Jones; Monica Pathak
- 8A: Angel Boyce; Kome Ogisi; Anne Rigg
- 8C: Amanda Bowen; Meekai Johnson
- 8H: Anya Davydova; Kathryn Jacob; Shafraz Jetha
- 8T: Sarah Christophers; Lisa Clarke; Abhilasha Gupta
- 8W: Tara Fisher; Louise Hansra; Georgie Pickering
- 9B: Lydia Marshall Bain; Jan Pathmanathan; Sule Swanson
- 9G: Anna Butt; Miew-Cheng Stangroome
- 9H: Renata Fekete; Ben Wood
- 9V: Victoria Goodlad; Shereen Joseph-Becker
- 9W: Bola Ogundeji
- 10B: Natalia Sandigurskaia
- 10H: Sian Sinclair; Richard Stephens
- 10M: Christina Lockwood; Kathy Rose
- 10Ma: Jane Martin
- 10O: Belinda Bekheit; Yonca Yucemen
- 11D: Kate Callaghan; Sara Spillett
- 11Gi: Alison Rose
- 11R: Rikarda Wibault
- 11Ro: Christine Mason