JAGS Parents' Association
The JAGS Parents’ Association (JPA) is active across the whole school, forming an important link between parents and the school. All parents are automatically members of the JPA. The JPA organises a programme of exciting events throughout the school year and holds regular second-hand uniform sales.
- New Parents Social Evening (September)
- Annual General Meeting (AGM) late September/October
- Quiz Night (November)
- Class Reps Social (December)
- Discos with Dulwich College (Y7 March, Y8 June)
- Class Reps & JPA Committee Annual Lunch with Headmistress (June)
- Fundraising at Founder's Day (July)
- Second-hand Uniform Sales (late June, September)
27th April 2017 7.30pm JPA committee meeting.
16th June 2017 Joint JAGS & DC Year 8 disco. All Year 8 girls welcome. At DC.
28th June 2017 Class Reps and JPA Committee Lunch with Headmistress
1st July 2017 Founders Day; JPA run auction, raffle, Pimms tent, Bake-off competition and cream teas. All welcome.
3rd July 2017 Second-hand uniform sale for new year 7 parents, with tea and coffee
2nd September 2017 10-111am Second-hand uniform sale - all years welcome.
*First Friday of each month, second-hand uniform sales.
These are usually held on the first Friday of every month from 8.00 – 8.30 am in the Holst Hall and are mainly to help the girls with spare items of clothing, gym kit etc. Please note that there is no time to kit out with a whole uniform at these morning sales. The girls will be informed about forthcoming sales in assembly. There will be a larger sale on Monday 3rd July 2017 during the afternoon in the Dining Hall, for new Y7 parents, and a further sale on Saturday 2 September 2017 for all years, from 10.00 - 11.00am in Holst Hall. Please note that the sale in September is after the girls have gone back to school.
Where to bring uniform for sale
Please bring uniform for sale to the School Office at any time. Please be sure that all items are labelled if you wish to be paid; unlabelled items are considered as donations. Second-hand uniform labels can be downloaded here (JAGS second-hand uniform labels). Please attach the labels with a safety pin, not a staple, and price sensibly – see the recommended price list belowWe reserve the right to alter prices.
Please do not bring any torn, worn out or dirty uniform as it will not be saleable and will be disposed of. No non-uniform items or shoes please.
When will you be paid for sold uniform?
As agreed at the AGM held on 6 October 2010, the JPA now charges a 50% commission and all money will be paid out after the June sale and again after the September sale. If you are leaving, please bring a SAE to the school office so that your cheque can be posted to you. We do not issue cheques for amounts less than £10.00 so would ask you to consider donating any items priced under £2.00
What happens to unsold uniform?
If your uniform does not sell in the first sale, it will be re-entered for future sales. We reserve the right to dispose of unsold items after a couple of years.
|Long and Short Sleeved Shirts||£1|
|Fan Pleat Skirt (Y10-Y11 Only)||£9-£10|
|Navy Lab Coat||£3-£5|
|Red & White PE Tops||£5-£7|
|Base Layer Top||£5-£7|
|White PE Socks||50p|
|Prices depend on size and condition|
The JPA is responsible for organising events as detailed above and is run by a committee of parents who are elected annually at the AGM. No previous experience is needed to be a committee member; just a desire to participate.
Class Representatives help to forge relationships between parents by organising social events (such as coffee mornings, evening drinks, family picnics) and providing a communication link between the JPA and other class parents.
There are also various opportunities to become involved on a more 'ad-hoc' basis; at fundraisers, second hand uniform sales etc.
- President: Headmistress Sally-Anne Huang
- Chair: Kim Nicholson email@example.com
- Vice-chair: Anita Al-Sabah firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Sally Binny email@example.com
- Treasurer: Stephanie Rakowski firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep Co-ordinator: Triona Mayhew email@example.com
- Uniform Sales: Rebecca Greenwell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lara Goodall
- Catherine Holmes
- Bridget Jacobs
- Karen Jensen Jones
- Rebecca Muldowney
- Antonia Owumi
- Gwilym Roberts
- David Stedman
- Nick Wood
- 7J: Angel Boyce; Louise Hansra; Kome Ogisi; Anne Rigg
- 7A: Sarah Christophers; Lisa Clarke; Abhilasha Gupta
- 7G: Tara Fisher; Georgie Pickering
- 7S: Amanda Bowen; Meekai Johnson
- 7M: Anya Davydova; Kathryn Jacob; Shafraz Jetha
- 8J: Marion McNab-Fawzy; Jan Pathmanathan
- 8A: Mariola Escauriaza; Pam Grewal
- 8G: Lydia Marshall Bain; Anna Petti
- 8S: Lucy Beck; Shereen Joseph-Becker
- 8M: Bola Ogundeji; Katharine Sampson
- 9J: Laura Mather; Yonca Yuceman
- 9A: Beccie Atkinson; Sophie Goldstraw
- 9G: Susan Lindsey
- 9S: Jane Martin
- 9M: Sandie Dunn; Christina Lockwood; Kathy Rose
- 10J: Kate Callaghan; Sara Spillett
- 10A: Alison Rose
- 10G: Christine Mason
- 10S: Rikarda Wibault
- 11B: Lo Bryant
- 11C: Catherine Holmes
- 11D: Sally Binny
- 11H: Bruce Hendry; Ru Nash