Being active members of our local community is at the heart of everything we do at JAGS; from working and sharing resources with our neighbours to striving always to improve our eco credentials.
- We’re a Green Flag school and work closely with Dr Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots organisation. We also are part of local school groups working on Safe Routes to School.
- Our Bursary scheme offers up to 100% fee remission, uniform, meals, transport and trips with over 120 taken up throughout the Senior school.
- Our sports facilities are available to 5000 Sports Club members outside of school hours including all day at weekends and in school holidays. The swimming pool and staff lend their expertise to seven local schools, hosting local and regional galas.
- JASSPA (James Allen’s Saturday School for the Performing Arts) is a specialist termly music, dance and drama school for 500 children from across South London.
- SLYO (South London Youth Orchestra) runs holiday courses three times a year with over 200 children and young people participating in four orchestras and two jazz orchestras.
- For adult members of our local community interested in music they can join the JAGS Choral Society or the James Allen Community Orchestra, both of which meet regularly and take part in a varied programme of musical events.
- The Southwark Schools’ Learning Partnership links three independent and eight state schools, sharing the expertise of 100s of teachers and enabling pupils from different schools to work together.